Public report directors meeting Dufftown & Mortlach Development Trust
Present are – Eleanor Candy (chair), Norma Hunter (director), Siebette Wester (secretary), Gillian McGarthland (treasurer). Apologies for Anne Jan Zandstra (director) – he is taking a 3 month break due to the summer season.
In the directors meeting of 1 August 2022 the following items were discussed:
- The minutes of the previous meeting on 4 July were approved by all present.
- We have received no new membership applications keeping total membership at 72 members – 58 ordinary members and 14 associate members.
- Paths: we have found a local engineer that will source a suitable contractor and supervise the works. Foundation Scotland has agreed with our course of action.
- Heritage trail: we now have been able to address the concerns from the Archaeology Services Aberdeenshire and have sourced the required archaeologist to do the watching brief. Siebette has amended the proposal and will check if all parties involved have no longer objections. After the Council grants the advertisement consent works can start.
- History app: final actions to be taken once the Heritage trail is sorted.
- Pictish stones: This project had been on hold until presbytery planning had been completed. Now in contact with general trustees for a way to move forward.
- Markets: next one is 13 August 2022. Just 21 stall holders this time due to other events and holidays. We decide to do another themed hamper: ‘day on the beach’. Maybe get a bouncy castle or someone doing face painting to attract more families. Church is doing the kitchen.
- Tourism agenda: 2 August second meeting, Norma and David Hanson attending.
- Ride the North cycling event 27 August: DMDT members Erik & Margriet discussing further details with RBL on 1 August.
- DDCA meeting on Community Action Plan: on 20 July representatives of many local groups discussed what progress has been made. In break out groups it was identified what had been achieved and where there are opportunities. Good to have all the groups together. There will be another meeting in a few months to keep momentum going.
- Date and time of next meeting: Monday 29 August – 7pm.