Public report directors meeting Dufftown & Mortlach Development Trust
Present are: Eleanor Candy (chair), Norma Hunter (director), Siebette Wester (secretary) – online, Gillian McGarthland (treasurer). Apologies for Anne Jan Zandstra (director). Also present as guests are Derek Candy and Stan Brown (active DMDT members).
In the directors meeting of 25 April 2022 the following items were discussed:
- The minutes of the previous meeting on 28 March were approved by all present.
- We have received no new membership applications keeping total membership at 72 members – 58 ordinary members and 14 associate members.
- Paths: the DMDT has received funds to upgrade the Giant’s chair path and Gordon’s cross path. The contractor has started the works and is expected to finish first week of May. With the help of some DMDT members we have been able to provide the council with the necessary scaled maps of each site where a panel will be placed (site map) and one overall map of the whole trail (location map).
- Tourism agenda: the DMDT has organised 2 open meetings with local (tourism) businesses and traders to discuss whether there is a desire to create content and develop a strategy for the promotion of Dufftown in a tourism capacity. Meetings were much appreciated by the attendees and DMDT has the desire to take this further along. We have a few ideas but need a separate discussion when we have more time to decide where to start and where to focus on.
- Hustings for upcoming local elections: DMDT is organising this event which will take place on Monday 2 May. All candidates attending. Last practical details were discussed.
- Ride the North cycling event 27/8: DMDT happy to participate together with the DDCA and the Royal British Legion to setup a ‘pitstop’ in Dufftown in the RBL car park. A subgroup with representatives from the 3 organisations will be setup to take this on.
- Fencing Church Street: after reports from the DMDT the Council have confirmed they will get it fixed. Aim is to have a contractor at work before the summer.
- We discussed the operational details for the next Market on 14 May at the Royal British Legion.
- Whisky festival 2022: the DMDT is organising a Ceilidh Night at the Commercial Hotel. They will provide stovies, we have hired Broma Ceilidh band. Most tickets have been sold; we discuss the last operational details.
- Review Easter egg hunt: well organised, numbers maybe a bit lower than last year. Maybe the hunt/questions should be more kid friendly next time.
- Toilets: a visit together with VisitMoraySpeyside is to be scheduled to see if repair/modernisation is best or if a new location needs to be identified.
- Renewal webhosting: it is agreed to continue with same provider for the coming year.
- We agree to buy a standing banner for our own stall at the market and to use for other events we organise or participate in.
- Date and time of next meeting: Monday 30 May – 7pm.