Public report directors meeting Dufftown & Mortlach Development Trust
Present are – Eleanor Candy (chair), Norma Hunter (director), Siebette Wester (secretary), Gillian McGarthland (treasurer). Apologies for Anne Jan Zandstra (director) – he is taking a 3 month break due to the summer season. Also present as guests are Derek Candy and Stan Brown (active DMDT members).
In the directors meeting of 30 May 2022 the following items were discussed:
- The minutes of the previous meeting on 25 April were approved by all present.
- We have received no new membership applications keeping total membership at 72 members – 58 ordinary members and 14 associate members.
- Paths: contractor has finished the works, but some bits of the path are not as they should be. Eleanor will check the walk with the ranger from Dorenell Windfarm and get advice on how to proceed.
- Heritage trail: Siebette will get in touch with the Council about the objections to the location of some of the panels.
- History app: most beacons have been placed. A leaflet is in the making. For the last beacons we first need to get the last interpretation panels sorted as these go onto the panels (instead of a building, fence, etc).
- Toilets: the DMDT has decided they won’t take on the existing toilets as they got vandalised again. Due to its current location this problem can’t be solved. We would like new toilets in a new location, we’ll make this part of our tourism agenda.
- Tourism agenda: on behalf of the DMDT Norma has applied for a place in the course Imagining New Futures Together, run by the Social Enterprise Academies of Scotland and Wales. This series of workshops have been created to explore and support communities to build on existing and create new opportunities for tourism. We’ll send a request to the participants of the business meetings held this spring to ask if anyone would like to participate in the initial stages of the application process and to share their thoughts and views about tourism being developed in Dufftown.
- Ride the North cycling event 27/8: DMDT happy to participate together with the DDCA and the Royal British Legion to setup a ‘pitstop’ in Dufftown in the RBL car park. A subgroup with representatives from the 3 organisations will be setup to take this on.
- Fencing Church Street: after reports from the DMDT the Council have confirmed they will get it fixed. Aim is to have a contractor at work before the summer.
- We discussed the operational details for the next Market on 11 June at the Royal British Legion.
- Date and time of next meeting: Monday 4 July – 7pm.